Due to new, official regulations for tunnel installation a manufacturer of noise protection walls and tunnel panels needs to replace his current stainless A4 blind rivet nuts by stainless A5 and A6 versions.
Tunnel construction: manufacturer of noise protection walls and tunnel panels
New official regulations for tunnel installation prescribe special material requirements for fasteners:
- Stainless steel 316Ti – WNr 1.4571 : moderate load bearing applications
- Stainless steel 904L – WNr 1.4539 : heavy load bearing applications
Due to the high risk of increased concentration of chlorides in road tunnels, the customer needs to replace in his noise barriers the current A2 and A4 fastenersby high alloy austenitic stainless steel A5 and A6 parts. No cold formed blind rivet nuts in stainless steel A5 or A6 were available on the market.
Especially for this extremely demanding & critical tunnel infrastructure application we started developing cold formed Tubtara® blind rivet nuts in
- Stainless steel 316Ti – WNr 1.4571: M8 UFO 65 (grip 4.0-6.5 mm) and M8 UPO 65 (grip 3.5-6.5mm)
- Stainless steel 904L – WNr 1.4539: M6 UPO 30
The correct material choice is very important to obtain optimal functionality during the whole life cycle of the application.
- Extra high corrosion protection
- Complies with the latest tunnel infrastructure regulations
- Better thread quality than turned alternative
- Cost effective solution through cold forming
- Maintenance-free fastener solution
Cost effective solution through cold forming
Cross market opportunities
Corrosion critical applications in offshore, chemical, marine industry, civil engineering, tunnel infrastructures, ceiling panels in swimming pools, telecom cabinets, lighting, medical, food, pulp & paper, railways, aerospace etc.